terms and conditions
All our courses have limited spaces available. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis and cannot be guaranteed until we have received appropriate payment. By booking and paying related fees you are acknowledging and accepting the Terms and Conditions below.
After booking, you will receive a booking confirmation. Any necessary joining instructions will be sent to the email address you have provided.
To secure your place on a course with a full duration of 10 weeks and under payment will be taken at time of booking using the secure online payment system.
To secure your place on a year programme or course with a full duration of over 10 weeks, you must complete our online application form. Places on year programmes are limited and places are secured by a non-refundable deposit. The remainder course fees may either be paid in full or in termly instalments. The deposit and payment schedule will be given to you at the time you are offered a place on the course.
Artpocket reserve the right to alter, postpone, or cancel dates, whenever the necessity arises. All courses are run subject to sufficient numbers. Should we have to cancel a course for any reason, we will offer a full refund.
Artpocket will not be liable or responsible for cancellations caused by any act or event outside the of thier reasonable control including without limitation civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster or failure of public or private telecommunications network or impossibility of the use of public or private transport.
Should we have to cancel a session for any reason, we will endeavour to offer an alternative date to reschedule the missed session where possible.
We will offer a full refund up to 21 days prior to the start of the course. After this time we will offer the opportunity to transfer the place to an alternative course (subject to a place being available).
Places on year programmes are limited and places are secured by a non-refundable deposit at enrolment.
The remainder course fees may either be paid in full or in termly instalments. Notice to leave a course should (You will be made aware of the payment schedule, at interview, If you leave the course part way through a term, you will be liable for the full course fees for that term.
We do not accept responsibility or liability in respect of loss or damage to any property brought to our premises or any other premises used by us for a course.
Artpocket processes personal data about its students and is the ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Purposes for data processing by Artpocket include to:
- support student learning
- monitor and report on student progress
- protect student welfare
- assess the quality of our services
- administer admissions waiting lists
- comply with the law regarding data sharing
- fulfil legal obligations
Sharing of your personal data
We do not share personal information about you with anyone outside Artpocket without permission from you, unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
External Suppliers and Contractors
We use a range of external suppliers to provide services to you. These include website providers that may host personal information to enable staff, students and parents to access services, such as online teaching resources. Adequate controls are in place to protect the data.
CCTV is used for the safety and security of students, staff and visitors and for the prevention and investigation of crime.
Code of Conduct
Artpocket aims to provide all of its students and members with the support and guidance they need to achieve creative success. The Student Code of Conduct sets out the standard of conduct that Artpocket expects of its students so that everyone can undertake their studies in a supportive and non- threatening environment.
Artpocket will always seek to act reasonably in dealing with student misconduct. It must also balance the interests of all members of the Artpocket community and sometimes of wider communities with whom it has to maintain good relationships. Exceptionally, this might result in action being taken outside of the provisions of the Student Code of Conduct.
In such cases, decisions will always be taken by the Directors, on the basis of such information and advice as they consider appropriate, and will be explained to the student.
In Artpocket Studios, Lion House and when visiting external locations we expect our members:
· To behave in a responsible manner that will help to foster mutual respect and understanding between all members of the Lion House & Artpocket community;
· To act within the law and not to engage in any activity or behaviour that is likely to bring Artpocket into disrepute.
· To behave and communicate in ways that do not unreasonably offend others. Examples of unreasonably offensive behaviour include using abusive or obscene language and engaging in any form of discriminatory or anti-social behaviour;
· To treat with respect everyone with whom they come into contact, whether within the Artpocket studios, Lion House or at external locations such as galleries and musuems.
· To treat all Artpocket property, studio equipment and facilities with respect.
· To leave spaces clear, clean and tidy at the end of a session.
· To comply with requests of members of staff
· To adhere to the Artpockets Health and Safety policies and to any specific requirements that apply to areas where they work;
· To observe fire alarms and related procedures and evacuate buildings when alarms sound;
· To report any accidents, broken equipment, dangers immediately to the Directors.
· To report any incidents of inappropriate, abusive or offensive behaviour to the Directors so that it can be dealt with swiftly.
· To disclose immediately to the Directors, if they are charged with, and/or convicted of a serious criminal offence.
We are required by law to ensure that we operate covid-safe practices.
Please sanitise hands on entry to Lion House and Artpocket studios. Please wear a face mask in all parts of the building (unless you have a medical exemption – please provide details when booking). You will be given a copy of our COVID Health and Safety Guidance when you receive course information.